Saturday 20 April 2013

Howlers

Here are some images of the work I made in Ireland as part of Dead Good Guides project I Could Read The Sky. It was also an opportunity to set up and Preview Howling Wire, my Audible Forces installation. The set-up day was beautiful weather with a light wind- 10-15 km/h force 2-3. On the gig weekend we has a force 9 gale peaking at 76.5 km/h. The howlers on steel poles howled like crazy but were fine. I had to "reef" the mast, ie not pump it up and attach just one bass drum.
Here is a video of the project Video


Howlers with stretched ribbon and pallet strap.

Flutes

Anemomephone with 5 spinning flutes

Reefed mast with one bass drum


Full installation but kettle drums out of sight. As I had plenty of room they were spread about 25m apart.

Checking the windspeed

The shed.

After the storm!

The whole thing infront of Ballycroy visitor centre

Loadsa wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment